Friday, December 6, 2013

VFD inverter box

Hi,

Just wanted to share this marvelous work of Tomomitsu (Japan) on arranging the VFD inverter box of his 6DOF platform! Looks great and organized, and even equipped with easy hook up plugs!





<<Updated with more photos and video>>





                          







I would really like to know more about these gearboxes as they look good! The arms are perfectly shaped and the position feedback is made with timing belt! The motors are placed in pairs in frames that are bolted together forming the bottom triangle.





And a quick test of the motors:




I'll be waiting for a video of the platform fully assembled, as well, soon I hope...


Thanks
Thanos, 2013

3 comments:

  1. Hi Thanos,
    Looks great ! The electrical box seems to be done like industrial box.
    May be Nissei gearedmotor .Was once in Japan and looks like Nissei products.I'm building now my own electrical box.Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Thanos.

    Thank you for introducing the VFD inverter box.

    I can not work only on weekends, so the work does not proceed.....

    I want to test up to 6 axis by the end of the year.

    Motor is a GM-S Mitsubishi.

    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. It takes time to get something with such quality done!! Thanks for sharing the photos!!

      Delete